Pages

9.16.2005

Stand Still and Scrapbook

Stand Still
by Phill Vassar/Connie Harrington/Julie Vassar

In the spring I dreamed of summer
To feel the sunlight on my skin
But in the heat I'd start to hunger
For that autumn chill again

I always spent my time anticipating
Things to come
But now I wish that I could
Slow theWorld down just this once and

Stand still
I'm right where I wanna be holding you
In the middle of the moment of my life
The way I feel
I don't care what's in front of me or what's behind me
I just wanna stop the wheel and
Stand still

I have driven by a sunset
Let it pass without a glance
I took so many things for granted
Counting on a second chance

But touching you right now
is somethingI don't wanna miss
I know my finest hour
Is the one I'm living in

Stand still
I'm right where I wanna be holding you
In the middle of the moment of my life
The way I feel
I don't care what's in front of me
Or what's behind me
I just wanna stop the wheel
And stand still

I'm taken with this disk--American Child by Phil Vassar. It's not new...I've been listening to it forever, but just recently have I come to realize what a gifted song writer Phil is. He writes, he sings, he play piano...he's the king of the turned phrase. Want proof? Read the lyrics of the song "Athens Grease" here. Yes, that's "grease" not Greece. It's part of the charm.

He's the master of the kicky love song. He's a rocker too. I saw him at the July 4 festival down at the Riverfront a few years ago...the man is positively hyper--he got up and danced on his piano!

How is this scrapbook-related, you ask? :) I've been wanting to make a scrapbook of all my favorite photos paired with my favorite songs. I've done a few song lyric layouts and I am always pleased with them. Songs just mean so much to me. So, that's what I am working on tonight at Scrap Night. If I get done, I'll post it tomorrow.
Happy weekend, ya'll!

No comments: