Pages

9.12.2005

Not a Movie Recommendation

As a rule, I don't recommend movies to other people as it always seems to get me into trouble. So this is not a recommendation. I'll tell you that I liked it. I liked it very much. Maybe you will. Maybe you won't.


Sahara

It's light. Funny. Easy to follow. Adventurous. Interesting.

The good guys save the African continent from a disease and the world's water supply from contamination. The bad guys get their due. The good guy gets the good girl and everyone lives happily ever after. P Cruz plays a strong beautiful Doctor. M McConnaughey is obviously attracted to her but it's not all about the conquest. She's no damsel-in-destress, although he does help her out of a jam.

No cursing. (EDIT to ADD: I should have said "almost no cursing". My "bad-word-meter" isn't particularly sensitive...I usually just notice excessive cursing or long strings of useless drabble.) No blatant s*x. Violence--there's shooting and a little fighting but no one gets hurt (like it should be in the movies) and it's not gore-ish or gross.

And did I mention Matthew McConnaughey? The man has great hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything with Matthew in it deserves a recommendation in my opinion. I've heard from others that this is a good movie. It's on my "need to see" list.

TracieClaiborne said...

Thanks for not recommending that! I wanted to see it when it came out. Now I'll definitely rent it. I hate too much cursing in a movie. Ugh.