Pages

4.16.2006

Surely Snappy Saturday!

Three more stores checked off my list today...what a perfectly fun day it was too.

First stop was at a new store in Hendersonville--Timeless Reflection. What a cool place. I have a special place in my heart for small unique places and this one is totally fitting the bill. Besides a perfect selection of Basic Grey and Bazzill (basic requirements, IMO), Michelle Luther has also assembled a remarkable collection of product from Queen & Co, 7Gypsies, Art Warehouse and others to arrive at a wonderful little store with great potential. A delish display of ribbons rounds out the array of fun stuff. I am totally drawn to this store. When I left, I had a buzz. I want to crop there ASAP.

Second stop was supposed to be Card and Cloth in Franklin KY but as it turns out, I had an old address. I tried to call but got the voice mail so we skipped it and went on to Bowling Green. I hope to catch it another day.

Next stop was Someplace to Remember in Bowling Green. I haven't been there in several years and boy, have they grown. The hours listed on their website are incorrect but it didn't cause a problem (for which I am thankful). I'm pretty sure they have everything, product wise. I didn't even have time to go to the basement...have to do that next time.

Final stop was Scrapbook Country, also in Bowling Green. It surprises me that these 2 stores are so close together but nonetheless, this one was interesting too. Scrapbook Country seemed like a very relaxed place...you can read about it on their blog...have I mentioned that I think every scrapbook store should have a blog? I have to wonder if Heather Thomas is related to Terri Thomas, one of my favorite people from The Memory Box days...have to check on that.

The scrapbookers of Bowling Green are lucky to have two well-stocked stores in their area. I taught in BG for a long time at a store that has since closed and I love the area. It's not what I consider a small town but it has that small-town community feel. I like that.

I'm working on my cruise pages--hoping to get a few posted this weekend.

Happy Easter.

No comments: