How does one do that??

This is sara*w's blog. Can someone tell me how she blurred the background of the two photos of her kids? Is it one of those 22 camera settings that I have no idea how to use yet...or is it an editing trick? I would like to know...


(Instruction manual...what's that?)


Christy B said...

I *think* my camera's portrait setting will do that. I usually use it when I'm doing close ups of things/people. I'll have to check it out tonight.


Anonymous said...

I haven't managed this trick yet, no matter how hard I've tried, no matter how long I've read the manual. Good luck, that's all I have to say!

sara*w said...


i'm using an slr and setting my f-stop at 1.8. if you don't have an slr you can also get a similar effect by editing your photo in photoshop, selecting the background, and blurring it. :) email me if you need some help with this. :)