Pages

4.09.2006

Glorious Sunday Morning!

Yes, it's a beautiful spring Sunday morning in Middle TN--Palm Sunday too.

Yes, I should be worshipping at church with my family but I'm not. Yesterday evening around 9pm I was preparing for bed when I finally decided I'd had enough of the drippy nose and coughing so I took a new diabetic-friendly cold pill before laying down. About 11 pm I woke up.

Woke totally up and *had* to get up. I was totally buzzed. Buzzed...as in hyper.

Wired. Like I drank too much coffee...only I didn't drink any.

All night.

Can't sit still. I've cleaned. I've scrapped. I did laundry at 3am. I vacuumed downstairs at 4am. I would have washed the cars if it hadn't been so cold. I cleaned out closets.

I created this scrapbook page for the *One Step Further* challenge. If you want to read the journaling it's here at 2Peas. The challenge is from this blog...it's new and looks cool.

It's 9:25 am--about 12 hours post-pill. I'm still high. I've never felt this way before. Yeah, um, no drug history here. Sorry. My strongest kick usually comes from a little Diet Dr. Pepper. Anyway, I don't know how long this is going to last and honestly, I was in no shape to sit in church without fidgeting profusely. :) And what if I crash before getting home?

So, I stayed home. Even tho I really didn't want to.

Antsy, edgy, fidgety, wired, hyper, energetic, like I need to move some part of my body all the time...maybe this is how Julian feels. Oh my. I've been asking the Lord to give me more sympathy for my oldest child. Oh wow!

How's that for a little perspective?

"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed for I am your God;
I will strengthen you,
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

--Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Jann Gray said...

Hi Sarah:

I am so sorry about your restless night...I have had that happen once to me and I thought it would never end. Some drugs just interact funny -- or our systems don't like them and MAN do they pack a punch.

I love your "Silver Spoon" layout...and thanks for pointing me to this One Step Further Challenge blog...great idea.

Hope Monday is better.