Pages

8.26.2007

It's OFFICIAL. I AM SPOILED.

I've been finding it difficult to cook lately. My stove is out of commission (top is fine), I'm taking a medication that inhibits absorption of food and appetite, so I am rarely hungry, and it's so dang hot. Who cooks when it's hot? Not I.

Boy, doesn't that sound like a laundry list of excuses.

Honestly, the stove have been OOC for a while now and I don't even care. We grill outside about every other day, so there's just no missing the stove.

Except that my honey loves roasted turkey. (Big sigh) The man loves "Thanksgiving Dinner" all thru the year. In fact, if I had to guess, I would say that his most favorite meal is "Thanksgiving Dinner" (or mahi mahi)--I think. Unfortunately, not having an operational oven has put the roasted turkey menu on indefinite hold. While I suppose I could grill turkey, like grilled chicken, it just hasn't been appealing.

Continuing on, yesterday I discovered that Kroger sells fresh roated turkey breasts in the deli (where the roasted chickens are). Why haven't I thought of this earlier? What a wonderful find! We had roasted turkey, rolls, veggies and salad for lunch today and I declare...I am a spoiled woman. I may never actually cook turkey again. No muss, no fuss, no mess. No oven needed. It was juicy and wonderful and, of course, there's enough leftover for dinner!

Spoiled, I tell you. :)

Gonna be a big week. The G-man braved getting 4 shots last week and is prepped to the 9s for school. The parent meeting is Tuesday night. Open house is Thursday. School opens the following Tuesday. He's so psyched. I, on the other hand, have all sorts of jitters. So it goes.

In other news, I am going to a crop in Hendersonville on (Sat) Sept 8 and there are (I think) a few spots still open. Anyone want to join me? I'll be packing a few page kits to keep me busy and I have some things for the yard sale table. I haven't been to a crop since ...January? That can't be right. Can it? (I don't know.)

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Is that the one at The Maples Clubhouse that was in Michele's email? I think I would like to join you - just wanted to be sure it was the correct one before I send an email to sign up. Look forward to getting some things done and catching up with you!