Pages

12.05.2005

The Quandry

I'm in a bit of a quandry.
**How badly do I want a Diet Sunkist tonight?**

Because it is too dang cold to be going to the grocery at 11 pm...but I really really am thirsty. I have a serious love for Diet Sunkist and the need has been unmet for a whole day and I'm a little bent out of shape about it.

But it's cold and I don't want to go out in the cold.

I think my brain has frozen.

In other news, my sister has been here since Thanksgiving and I have loved it so much. For some of you who don't know, I am the oldest and I have 2 brothers and a sister. The boys are in the middle. My sister is 16 years younger than me. She was 3 when I got married so for all intents and purposes we grew up separately. Same parents but just so far apart in age and physical address that it was almost as if we grew up in different families.

Nevertheless, I adore her. She 17 now and reminds me of me. The me I barely remember. Having her here has been so wonderful. My boys love her and she sweetly puts up with them. Julian is teaching her what it means to be the constantly-pestered older sister, I think. Tonight she put Grey's hair up into 2 tiny ponytails...it was hilarious.

She's supposed to go home this weekend. I dread it. I will miss her so much. Just being near her has been so sweet to me.

No comments: