Pages

10.16.2006

It was a weekend to remember.

Catching up on this rainy Monday evening. Our neighborhood ice cream social was a success. More than 100 people in attendance and more than ten percent of the households in our neighborhood were represented. We could not have had better weather...it was an absolutely perfect fall day. (My fervant prayers were answered.) Lots of children...lots of people of all ages. Lots of mingleing and getting acquainted.

I met some new neighbors and some I should have met a long time ago. Sad how short-sighted we can be at times. I hope this will be the start of something that happens regularly.

The family that has lived in the neighborhood the longest...moved here in 1967. The family that moved here from the fartherest distance away...came from China. Newest neighbors arrived last month. Oldest neighbor is a very young 83. Youngest was 2. Largest family in attendance had 4 children.

Being part of the prep committee that sponsored this event in honor of the neighbor we lost was a special task for me. It was difficult because it took me out of my comfort zone and into the lives of people I didn't know and made me do things I don't normally do. It was a good thing tho...I enjoyed most of it and will continue to work on the memorial. I think it's an honorable thing to do.

We did make the news. For once, I was pleased by the news coverage. You can see it here at http://www.fox17.com/ . Click on "Bellevue Remembers".

And the moon walk was a total hit!!

In other news, Grey is determined to make his moma crazy. He has this new habit. Whenever I put a camera tohis face and say "look at me"...he looks at me and then immediately cuts his eyes away. I took a large munber of photos of him at the pumpkin patch this past Saturday...all with eyes that were looking elsewhere. Maybe I'll have to start bribing him.

Lastly, my army brother called today to say that he's being deployed to Italy. Honestly, he had the gall to sound like he was disappointed with the assignment...Italy. How could you be disappointed with Italy? Not enough action. Ugh. I love him...but what he does to my insides should really be illegal.

I was secretly hoping he would be sent to a small base in Iceland or maybe Guam. One of those dangerous fronts. Ya know.

And the Titans actually managed to win for the first time this season. Imagine that.

Happy rainy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so glad that the rain held off!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about Andy...