Pages

7.23.2006

Saturday Night Woes on a Sunday Morning...

I don't get it.

Why is it that I always get on a creative jag on Saturday night?

Basically, Sunday morning is generally the only day of the week when I have something that I have to get up earlier than normal to do--go to church. And it never fails...Saturday night finds me so jazzed about some scrapbooking thing that I don't get to bed until 2 or 3 am. Which means I feel really not-so-delightful on Sunday morning for about the first hour.

I really have to change this.

I have always respected the creative streaks. I try to go with it when it feels right...because it's not always "on". Creatively, I come and go. The cylces are controlled by some spiritual, mystical, hormonal, inspirational, life-force that moves like the wind. Felt but unseen, unless there's something in it's path.

The little guys and girls (all about the same age as Grey) in my Sunday School class deserve better from me. My guys deserve better.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a hypothesis on this. You home school your kids. My guess is that you do this Monday through Friday and then take Saturday off. Is that correct? Maybe the nature of your Saturday activity (or lack of it?) is the fuel for your inspiration on Saturday evenings.

Maybe the direction of your mind from a day of home-schooling or a day at church leaves little energy left for those creative juices.

You can analyze the answer to this yourself, since you (not me) know what your days are like.

If I am correct, is it possible for you to change your schedule so that your Friday is more like your Saturday? Maybe if you could do that your muse would change its schedule also.

Sarah said...

Noell, I think you are brilliant. :) We always do fun stuff on Saturdays and most of the time if I go to a scrapbook store, it's on Saturday (that's one of the things that inspires me most). It seems so obvious! Thanks.

Leigh Ann said...

I can really relate to this. I'm such a night owl. For example, I'm up and wired here at nearly midnight when I have to get up for work no later than 7am. Ug. Any type of energy burst for me...housecleaning, scrapping, whatever...always happens at night.

Michele said...

Oh my - I can SOOOOOOO relate. I was about to fall asleep in the church nursery this past Sunday holding a toddler sleeping in my arms.