Pages

11.13.2006

The influence of scrapbooking...



The influence of scrapbooking on everyday society is growing.
Or maybe I just see it everywhere I go because I am tuned in to it.

Either way...here are just a few examples of SB trends I have spotted in the past few days in non-scrapbook culture:

Do you watch The Food Network? I do, on occasion, and have noticed lately that all their self-promotions make use of flourishes and swirls ala Elsie and Jenni and others who made them famous in the scrapbook circles. (I couldn't figure out a way to capture this quickly, for you to see, so you'll just have to watch for yourself or trust me.)
The current issue of Publix Family Style (grocery freebie magazine) shows a beautiful stack of cookies wrapped in ribbon...American Craft ribbon, I do declare! How pretty is that!

The Martha Stewart Holiday Handmade Gifts Issue (which I drool over every year) shows not one but two examples of scrappiness...the ribbon on the stack of soaps and of course the metal-rimmed tag.
There are many other examples inside the pages...too many to list but suffice it to say that Ms Stewart
knows good crafting supplies when she sees them...but maybe that's not so much of a surprise.
See the cover of the Harry & David catalog? Right there on the front is dotted circle. BTW, does anyone know what font the "Harry & David" is in?
And finally, another dotted circle on the Staples ad. Very cool!
In other news, did you know that you can order kitchen appliances on-line? From right here at my desk, I ordered a new refrigerator today and it will be here tomorrow. How freakin' cool is that? I had no idea it was even possible.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I've noticed that as well.

Anonymous said...

sarah, so I'm not the only Martha Steward craft groupie?!
I wrote a big long comment on your "date" blog entry a while back and it vanished into cyberspace! it was sort of a soapbox entry on "making time/investing in coupleness", so maybe it's just as well!! hehe
blessings..