Pages

11.06.2007

Etsy and football

Have you shopped or browsed at www.Etsy.com? If artisan things speak to you, beware. This place will impact your wallet.

I have an Etsy store now for scrapbook elements and handmade card kits. You can visit it here.




So Sunday afternoon I was relaxing on the sofa with my honey, who had just gotten home from a 3-day trip to Salt Lake (do you know how jealous I am over that?). He was watching the Titans game (thank goodness for DVR). One of the calls was for "Unnecessary Roughness". Now, mind you, I have no idea what constitutes unnecessary roughness in football...and don't really care...but I happen to think that would make a perfect title for a scrapbook page about my sons. Who knew football could be inspiring? :)



I'm officially on creative overload here. A few days ago the new Steven Curtis Chapman CD arrived in my mailbox and today at the grocery I picked up the first copy of the newly-revived Victoria magazine (appropriately Christmas)! Good music and a good read. Oh my.

Joal and I are going to see Steven in concert a week from Friday at Belmont. I don't generally get excited about concerts...but this one will be of the charts. This man is constantly remarkable.


The boys and I took the recycling over to the collection center yesterday and I discovered there are 2 reasons why I don't like going there. (Joal usually does it.)


1. I have to resist the urge to laugh or at least smirk at people who drive gi-normous gas-guzzling vehicles like Excusions and Suburbans to the recycling center. Something just seems a little off about that. Maybe it's just me. Yesterday we say this petite little woman get out of a huge Excursion and discard a small bin of soda cans. Maybe ten cans. Just seemed kinda like a waste of time and effort.


2. I have to forcibly resist the urge to pick thru the recycled paper bins. Magazines...I have a magazine weakness and part of me wants to thumb thru and retreave some good reading material and catalogs from the recycled paper bins. I wouldn't climb in or anything...Heather...just look thru stuff that's easy to retrieve. Is that nuts? I think I need one of the mechanical arm things...LOL!

So from now on I'm leaving the recycling to the men in my family.



Joal's MySpace Music page is driving my up the wall. It won't let me upload the songs. I think I hate MySpace in general--maybe I'm just old.




So now you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm jealous. ; ) I love SCC and would LOVE to see him in concert. DH saw him once long before we met, and he always says I would like SCC in person, but we've never had a chance to go.

BTW, I'm a lurker from a long time back, but SCC brought me out of lurkdom.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah :) Found ya lol
thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments :) So glad you stopped by because now I can come visit your blog :) Hope the week is a happy one.

Anonymous said...

hey now, nothing wrong with jumping in...you just might get some good stares :) --H