Pages

4.11.2007

Preds lost. I'm remodeling.

Preds lost.

Double overtime.

But they still lost.

Dang.

There's a remodeling challenge going on at 2peas. The assignment--aimed at people who've been scrapbooking for a while--is to pick an old layout and re-do it. I dug deep, as you can see, and found this layout that was finished on 1.26.1998. This picture was taken at our first concert together...a Whitecross concert in Arlington, TX. We had been dating about 2 months and yes, my honey corrupted my music preferences with his metal. (Gasp.)

I am having to reprint the picture from a scan. I have my fingers crossed that it turns out sharp. There will be no deco scissors, no music note punchies and no tilted photos. I still like the people paper but it's not right for this. The handwritten journaling isn't so bad...but I do prefer the computer. No emotion...I was still in reporter-mode. (This was pre-Rebecca Sower/SLLT, of course. Reading her book gave me permission to leave reporter-mode. Bless that woman.)

On the first attempt, I managed to capture the basics--the who, what, when, where. This time I have the benefit of 16 years with this man...the story is deeper and there's alot more to it.


Stay tuned for the astonighing reveal of the new and improved version. (OK maybe astonishing is a little strong.)

LOL!

6 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Am I allowed to laugh at this?

TracieClaiborne said...

PS - Can't wait to see the re-do!!

Sarah said...

Yes, you can laugh. I fully admit to having no sense of style early-on. Hence, the challenge.

Colleen said...

Canucks won! Quadrouple overtime!!

Can't wait to see what you do with this!!

Anonymous said...

I would laugh but won't because I have so many layouts with similar paper, cropped photos and stickers. Cannot wait to see the re-do.

http://angeladaniels.squarespace.com/ said...

Awwww... I hope you keep the original too. A fun "before" and "after" in your album!