Pages

4.03.2005

Moments...Enlightened Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking Life's Little Moments by Rebecca Sower (a Tennessean, I might add) is a monumental advancement in the world of scrapbooking and has been open on my scrapdesk, providing endless nourishment to my scrapping soul for months now. I'm in awe.

This is the scrapbook artist I want to be when I grow up.

The very first page is striking. On it, Rebecca (hereafter known as RS) shares an incident from her life as a mother and how a scar on a newly-refinshed wood floor in her house should have been something that she wanted fixed...but it's not. She came to realize that this mark made by her exuberant son was a mark of his young life and livliness on thier home. What would have been treated as a scar or a mistake by some became a rich reminder of his youth.

“That is exactly what we scrapbook artists are doing every time we create a
meaningful layout for the people we love. We are leaving our marks. Marks on
their days. Marks on their futures. Marks on their hearts.”

“And for me, that’s what scrapbooking is all about.”

Me, too. or perhaps, more appropriately…Hoo Yah!

No comments: