Pages

4.02.2005

How Long Until I'm Finished Scrapbooking?

“How long until you are finished with this scrapbook thing?”

A few years ago someone asked me this question. I admit it—I was stunned. I think it was probably that question that set me to thinking about this process and its importance. Many of my scrapbooking friends have been led to believe that we are only as good as our scrapbooks are current.

I refuse to believe this.

I will not give in to the notion that I should not rest until I am officially “caught up”. I choose to do what I can, when I can. If I never scrap another page, I will have left for my children a collection of illustrated love letters that is perfect in its incompleteness. If I never scrap another page, it will be enough. It will have to be. After all, how can I ever really get “caught up” when I will continue to make memories worthy of preserving for as long as my story is continuing? The endless striving to be “caught-up” turns this hobby and passion into a chore…one more thing I feel I must accomplish.

How sad is that?


This is not a race. For me, scrapbooking is not about quantity, but quality. I want my pages to express my feeling and memories to the viewer.



Finished? I hope I am never finished. I plan to create memories as long as my story continues…and I want that to be a long long time!

No comments: