Pages

2.18.2016

Stampin' Friends February Hop



Welcome to the February 2016 edition of the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop! 
This month's theme is Black, White and ___. 
Each participant in the hop gets to choose a color that goes with the black and white theme. 

I chose Lime Green!!

If you are following the hop, you probably arrive here from Melissa Thomas' blog.

We have three guest participants joining the hop for the month of February. Please be sure to visit with them...




And now, on with the show!

Lime Green is famous for many things--Sprite, Lime Away, Cherry Limeades from Sonic, 80's leg warmers...I did a little bit of research on the color scheme of Black, White and Lime Green and discovered quite a few fun and inspiring images. In honor of the hop, I created a board on Pinterest called...wait for it...

Black, White and Lime Green

One of my favorite discoveries while doing my research was this little gem of a card by Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Rita Wright!  Isn't it striking?!

You can see this card and more of Rita's Cards at her blog: Cards by Rita.

Today, my contribution to the hop includes two cards and of course, a scrapbook page! What I learned while creating these few projects: the lime green family naturally seems to lend itself to use with flowers! Especially my favorite flower--the daisy! The fist card features a giant flower and is a huge stamp by Impress Rubber Stamps.



Cards with no internal decoration annoy me because they feel incomplete...when I'm making cards I prefer to duplicate an element of the decoration from the outside on the inside. (You wouldn't go to the Hallmark store and buy a beautiful card with nothing on the inside.)

 The second card makes use of the daisy stamp from Grateful Bunch (by Stampin' Up!, in the current Occasions catalog).



And finally, a scrapbook page. This is one in a series of pages I'm doing to document the story of why we moved to Texas, from Tennessee in 2014. It's a long and multi-faceted story and will take many pages to tell appropriately. It's a work in progress.




But wait there's more.

I got on a creative kick while working on this theme of Black, White and Lime Green so in addition to the blog hop with the Stampin' Friends, I'm doing a double dip. If you come back on Sunday morning, you will find another installment of the same theme. Here's a tiny preview of the new projects that will go live on Sunday morning.




I know many of you are new readers to my blog, thanks to the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop. I've been blogging since 2004--mostly about creative stuff with a few rabbit-chasing things from time to time. My blog is kindof a scrapbook too. Funny how that works.

Hang around here very long and you will soon learn that I deeply love white Daisy flowers of all sorts. A simple white Daisy with a crisp green center (the freshest Daisys have green centers) is just so beautiful and refreshing to me. Stampin' Up! has produced quite a few daisy stamp sets over the years (I still own most of them...) but the newest one--Grateful Bunch (#140691) --really won my heart even though it's a photo-polymer set (which I tolerate but can not claim to love)...because it features a matching punch! It's called the Blossom Bunch Punch! I can never resist a bundle of stamps with coordinating punches.



As always, I don't sell Stampin' Up! but I do love their products...if you need a referral to a fantastic demonstrator, let me know.

You may have noticed the presence of black and white micro-check ribbons in each of my projects. Let me tell you, I use these ribbons quite often. So often, in fact, I refer to it as the "little black dress" of ribbon. It's versatility is unparalleled. I prefer the 1/4" and the 5/8" widths and buy in bulk. It's made by Offray--one of the leading maker's of high-quality ribbons. You can never go wrong with black and white micro-check!

Your next stop on the hop is to Andrea Tucker's blog. You don't want to miss out on her creations!


But before you depart...don't forget to leave a comment on each of the participating blogs today to be entered to win happy mail from each of the blog hostesses. If you win, you will receive fifteen packages of paper-crafting goodies right in your mailbox! Use the hashtag #SFFEBHOP to have your comment included in the drawing.


If you get lost or encounter a broken link along the way, here is the entire roll for the February Stampin' Friends Hop:










Sarah Devendorf --->>>YOU ARE HERE!








Thank you for joining the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop! 
Hope to see you for the Double Dip on Sunday!

Your Stampin'  Friend,
--Sarah

49 comments:

Carolina Evans said...

OOOOooo I love the colour combination Sarah! Very cool indeed!

Lynn Streifert said...

Hi Sarah! Wow, I just love your projects! What shade of lime green did you use (is it a Stampin' Up! color?) I love it! (I'm also jelly that you can take your photos outside- must be nice in Texas! I'm in the frigid cold in Upstate New York!) :)

Sarah said...

The green papers are Bazzill--the cards are Bazzill Bling. I think the Stampin' Up equivalent is Lucky Limeade (retired).

It's sunny in Texas today...with a high of 76. Kinda nice!

Karen K said...

#SFFebHop Beautiful cards. Love the colors

Unknown said...

I love that sunflower! Very cool cards!! #SFFebHop

Tiffany said...

Oooo, two of my favorite things: daisies and green! I absolutely LOVE your projects! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! And I can't wait for Sunday's reveal! #SFFebHop

Unknown said...

I think my favorite is the first card what a beautiful image! And I love layering and that gorgeous scrapbook page is certainly layered. #SFFebHop

Unknown said...

I almost as green as my color but ended up going a different route. After looking at yours I see how beautiful the green is with the black and white.

Karen said...

I love the stamp set and your colors. #SSFebHop.

Karen said...

I love the stamp set and your colors. #SSFebHop.

Regina said...

#SFFebHop
You have used my favorite color on your gorgeous projects! I love your cards and the composition of the cards are perfect!

Cindy said...

These are beautiful! I would never have thought of that bright green. It is really awesome with the black and white. Love Love Love daisies!

CORSAI57 said...

OMG beautiful , loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to color combo I love daisy and sunflowers they are my favorite flowers. Thank you for great projects. :)

Kim Young said...

I like this flower set. It is on my wish list. Lime green is such a great spring color. Hopefully we will see that soon :)

Jessica said...

I love the colors! Everything is so bright and cheery.

Unknown said...

#SFFEBHOP I can't wear lime green but I love it with black and white.

Tania Smith said...

#SFFebHop wow love your cards and the layout. really pretty

Rosalie Desmond said...

Wow the green certainly makes everything pop! Love it.

Bonnie said...

These are awesome! I love the stamp set you mentioned and love how you used it, Thank you!

Unknown said...

Love using green and black! Nice work! #SFFebHop


Sharon Canter said...

#SFFebHop These are awesome projects! I love the black and green together. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Ehlers said...

Very pretty

Kimberley Hebert said...

I wouldn't have thought of green and black together.. it's elegant and awesome!#SFFebHop

Kim said...

I love your color choice and projects! Great job!

Unknown said...

#SFFebHop -- Love EVERYONE of your projects! The colors are so pretty.

Brenda said...

NICE DETAIL ON THE INSIDE OF THE CARD.

Paula said...

#SFFebHop

Loving the lime green used in your projects!
Really like how you finished the insides of the cards.

Nicole Bonar said...

#SFFebHop - Thanks for sharing

Sharon W said...

Oh WOW! Simple but beautiful...stunning colors :)

Cheryl said...

Thank you for sharing this color combination! Oh! Thanks to Rita too! I am going to use this color combo...I like it!

Susan weide said...

Very fun!

Susan weide said...

Very fun!

Heather said...

Okay, I was on the fence about getting this stamp set, now I'm getting the bundle. I love your projects - the Friends card and scrapbook page are awesome! #SFFebHop

Unknown said...

I love the way the lime green looks with the black! it's so striking! beautiful work!

Catherine Smith said...

Love the color you used, :)

#SFFebHop

Angela said...

Love this color combo! So "springy". Beautiful. #SFFebHop

Unknown said...

Very striking Sarah! Happy Hop day!

Unknown said...

sarah,love the green and black and the last thing you posted.with the embossing flowers! I just got that set!#SFFebhop!

Unknown said...

#SFFebHop very nice. Well done

Sandra Tauler said...

#SFFebHop Love the color contrast!

Unknown said...

Sarah I am from Tyler, Texas originally-- born there!! So funny-- I do love your color combo! Thanks for being on the hop with me!!

Barbara Welch said...

#SFFebhop I love the lime green with black. I really like the cards you made.

Barbara Welch said...

#SFFebhop...I really like the color combo and your projects are very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

RaeDeen Bittner said...

Oh such a pretty combo! I especially like the way you have used the washi tape on the inside of the card. I am going to have to give that a try! #SFFebHop

Chasn Paper said...

Oh, the green looks really good with the black and white, and I don't even like green too much! #SFFebHop

Madame Doudou said...

Love your projects! #SFFebHop

Unknown said...

SF Feb hop
I normally don't like green but you may have changed my mind (a little bit any way lol). The green made your project pop! Thanx

Cari Poscente said...

#SFFebHop
Love the lime green, it pops with the black!!!

JAMendez said...

#SFFebHop. Beautiful colours. Great cards