Pages

2.20.2016

February Double Dip

So as I wrote on Thursday, during the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop, I'm doing a "double dip"...another installment of the Black, White and Whatever You Like theme.

I appreciate you coming back again and I hope you enjoy! 


Once in a while I like to change things up by creating a card that is made from a 6"x12" piece of cardstock. The finished card size is 6"x6". It's a little bigger than most cards and is much like creating a scrapbook page because it's square.

I used an antique scribbled flower stamp by Stampin' Up! to emboss (wet embossing with ink and powder) the flower onto watercolor paper. The use of watercolor paper allowed me to create a was of bright green by mixing a tiny bit of water with ink. I love that no two of the flowers look exactly alike.

Repetition is a go-to design principle that I employ often. If one flower is good, certainly 9 hand painted flowers are totally fab, right? 

My last project is a bit of a departure from my usual cards and scrapbook pages. It's a daisy tree for spring. 



Each Daisy is double layered, with the petals on the top layer pulled up for added dimension. Each flower is attached to the grassy Styrofoam cone with a pearl-headed pin.

My plan is to incorporate this tree into my spring and Easter decor.

Once again, thanks for stopping by. Happy spring Stampin'!

--Sarah

No comments: