Pages

2.29.2016

Isle of Palms

For the past three years, Joal and I have taken a week in October to spend time at our favorite spot in South Carolina--Isle of Palms, just on the edge of Charleston.

We leave the sons at home and enjoy the beach together just as the tourist season is coming to a close. We often have our stretch of beach to ourselves or sometimes three or four others...it's a blissfully quiet, generally uneventful time that we can use to be renewed together. We rent a condo right on the water and I find it deeply inspiring. 

We have serious conversations and we laugh a lot together. We go out for some meals--mostly because I have a mile-long list of Charlestons fabulous foodie places that I am dying to try out for myself--and we cook some meals in the condo and eat on the deck. Joal brings his guitar and I bring a journal and a few pens, maybe some stamping things. It's a very rich time for both of us.

I haven't scrapbooked very many of the photos yet, but just this week started laying down plans for an on-going scrapbook project that will encompass all the trips together. The first page of the most recent trip is done...


I've been holding on to this quote that Ali Edwards created in her fantastic handwriting and gave away on her blog several months ago--it's just the right and appropriate observation for my page. I printed it on vellum so it would tone down the washi tape underneath it just a bit.


Thanks for taking a peek!
Happy Scrapbooking!
--Sarah

No comments: