Pages

7.06.2009

Scrapbooking, no? Surely you jest?


I do still scrapbook, believe it or not. :) Summertime and the usual post-vacation let down is kickin' my ya know...I just can't seem to get out of the funk lately. I'm thinking I might retitle my blog "I need a brownie."
LOL!
I had 2 items ready to post here--2 layouts that utilized some of the ever growing (exponentially) stamp collection at my house. I posted them at 2peas and within a day was contacted by the editor of www.scrapbooking.com about having them used in their next edition. www.scrapbooking.com is one of the oldest scrap websites around and I have been a reader since it's inception--way back when Jennia Hart was the owner. It's an online only publication...an online magazine, if you will. It's a cool project and I look forward to seeing what they do with my projects.
Anyway, because of that, I had to take the two items down from 2peas and delay posting them here until after the web mag issue comes out.
I know...you're just heart-broken. :)
In other news, I am working dilligently on the NWYC Cruise scrapbook and it is progressing. When it't done, I'll link it up here.
You all know how much I love www.scrapbookpictures.com right. Doug and the crew there are fantastic. I ordered enlargements for the cruise scrapbook from them and they are seriously fabulous...and the prices are not outrageous either. It was a sizable order but I paid for the regular shipping--$2 and they upgraded it to Priority at no charge. I appreciate that more than you know. Scrapbook Pictures wins in customer service in my book!
I am working on the cruise book but I am totally thinking about the Maine scrapbook in my head. I'm thinking seriously about printing all the photos for our Maine book in the 8x8 size. Just let the whole photo take up the whole page...journal on the back.
Speaking of Maine, one of the members at 2peas posted a super cool layout today that reminded me of our Maine adventure. Isn't the crab fantastic?
And finally, based on the ability to create embossed suns, as seen here at Bonnie Sharp's blog from back in May, I ordered this--the Spellbinders Nestabilities Inverted Scalloped Circles (Large). Look at this card...isn't that some hot summery embossing?
Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Well, aren't you just a sweetheart, linking to my blog?!! Thank you sooo much...(always love traffic that doesn't involve driving!) and so wonderful that Scrapbook.com is contacting you....it's no wonder!!!