Pages

9.25.2006

Look what we picked up at the mall, honey!


Our Bear Scout den took a little trip today to Deep Forest, an exotic reptile store in the mall. Yes. Our mall is a bit strange.

This is my baby.
With a snake around his body.

The things we do for our children...
but he loved it!

He also loved feeding the gator, holding the scorpion, petting the turranchela (I have no idea how to spell that...maybe I should have just said big fuzzy ugly spider with claws) and harrassing the bearded dragon. Did I mention the water monitor (a big lizard looking thing that waddles and swishes his 7" tongue)? Oh and the three other snakes and two lizards??

Yes. I almost died.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, My kids love this stuff too...even my 13 year old daughter! I try , and I say Try not to give them my heebie jeebies on these things :)

Mimi said...

Yikes.

Leigh Ann said...

Ewwww!!! Such a "mother of boys" thing to do, but Ewwww!!! The spider alone would have done me in. Tell me where in the mall this store is so I can avoid it.

Michele said...

Just another thing to add to the list of things to remember why I don't have kids. ha ha

I just can't imagine. I think I would have died too. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, yes? Exotic animals, uh that would be a NO.

I will live vicariously through you on this one, girlie!

:)