Pages

2.06.2017

Start with the Story: Water Equalizes

Recently, I had the most awesome adventure of attending a scrapbooking weekend retreat with some friends--something I haven't done in a while. It was extremely enjoyable and relaxing and I was very productive. Y'all know I don't keep up with the quantity of pages produced but I came home feeling both refreshed from the extra sleep I got in a super comfortable nature-filled atmosphere as well as very happy with the pages that I worked on. 

This was one of the products of that work session. 
 

This is the journaling:
 
I considered covering more of the page in sequins, but that's a little tedious and I got bored. 

Using the scraps from a painting session as embellishment on a page is a new thing for me but the scraps from a cut-down painting on watercolor board are too rich to throw out. I'll be using them again for sure as I have a lot leftover. 
 
For me, 2017 is the year of *Start with the Story*. I'm focused. Pictures, contrary to popular scrapbooker idiom, do not always tell all of the story. There's always more to the story. #tellthestory

If you are new to these parts, please understand that I approach scrapbooking a little differently than most people. I don't scrap every photo. I rarely put more than one or two photos on a scrapbook page because I believe in the importance of the story. And stories take up real estate. For me, scrapbooking is about quality of story more than quantity of pages. I rarely scrapbook a birthday or a Christmas--I scrapbook the stories I want to remember and the ones I want my guys to remember. 

--sarah

No comments: