Pages

7.27.2013

lazy cardmaking

So, I have happened upon the most delicious way to make cards without really having to think too much. It's the peak of summer and my brain might be a little fried...I need a way to make a few cards that don't require much creative energy.

The answer?

Simple Stories 6x6 paper pads--specifically the Summer Fresh one. See what the Simple Stories designers did with Summer Fresh on their blog. Awesome stuff and totally inspiring! I have noticed lately that many card-makers have embraced this fast-n-fabulous way to make cards and I wanted to try my hand at it too. The magic of the Simple Stories paper pad is two-fold. First of course, the patterns are coordinated, so I don't have to spend time hunting through the paper stash to find papers that go together. Second, there are are coordinating sheets of items intended to be cut apart and used as embellishments included in the pad.

Here are two:



Clearly, these could be used in a variety of ways, for both cards and scrapbook pages.

I started with four cards...I'm betting it would not be difficult at all to get 25 cards out of one pad of paper.
I think this one (above) may be my favorite. (I used a kraft base and added a little bit of ruffled ribbon.)


 
I have never done a card with a vertical sentiment before, but I enjoyed the twist of this, and it goes well with just a narrow micro-check ribbon.
 

 
 



No stamping today...just some layering and a few minor embellishment choices. How's that for easy?

Happy lazy cardmaking.
--Sarah



3 comments:

Isbaha said...

I love these papers and your cards are beautiful !

Kristie Goulet said...

I love the vertical ones as well! Awesome!

Kimberly Kett said...

I love what you've done, they look FABULOUS!