Pages

2.03.2013

valentines

A very special hello if you are visiting from Tracie Claiborne's blog...Welcome. (Thanks Tracie, for sharing some of my cards on your blog. You are a gem!)

I have been especially insipred to create Valentine's Day cards this year that are built on a white base. There's something so crisp and enjoyable about white cards.


Most of the stamps and supplies I used weren't especially "Valentine's"--sometimes you can create a holiday feel just by using a certain color scheme or repurposing certain images together. All the stamps used in the above card are from long-retired Stampin' Up! sets and a heart of gems that has been hanging out in my stash for way too long (it's by Me and My Big Ideas). Foam tape behind the heart adds a tiny bit of dimension and allows the gem heart to be tucked in behind the larger element.

 
 
And finally, what could be a more sweet treat for a sweetheart than a cupcake topped with a conversation heart? And now, with Zero calories! :)
 
Happy Valentine's Day crafting!
 
 


2 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

These are awesome! You're on a crafty roll! You've inspired me to make a white background Valentine for sure. I'd love to see your stamp collection sometime. I'm thinking it's impressive. :) Thanks again for letting me feature you on my blog!

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake card What stamps did you use? I have those heart rhinestones too. Lol. I'm hoarding them for who knows what. Haha.