Pages

1.13.2011

Delightful Citronella

No not the stinky anti-mosquito candles...the paper. K&Co makes a line of summery fun paper called Citronella and I loving it! See the whole line here.

While we are snowed in here in Middle Tennessee, I've been scrapbooking some summertime pictures, in a lame attempt to stay warm do something besides eat. Here's my latest page:


That gently swishy blue paper with the waves comes from the Citronella paper pad, as does the ornage with mild orange circles. I thought the combination of the two clicked really well with the stripe, which happens to be some vintage paper from way back in 2006. It's called Serene "Grown Up" stripe/orange from the Magnolia line from My Mind's Eye. (I get a little thrill when I can match papers from different companies together...)

For what it's worth, I almost never cut letters from patterned paper because generally, a pattern makes letters harder to read--but the pattern of the orange paper is so mild that it's barely noticible.

The inspiration for this page came from a sketch over at Let's Scrap. (It's a very loose interpretation.)

I rounded up a few other projects made from Citronella...

Jeannie's Card

Katie's Accordion Album (Tutorial)

Twopeas "Bathing Beauties" Layout by GoodKitty

No comments: