Pages

4.24.2019

Why Does It Work?


Do you ever get on a creative roll and really really feel like you have this thing we call scrapbooking handled like a boss?

Typically, when I experience this feeling it’s because I’ve been dedicated to my crafting process with regularity and have really pushed myself to finish certain projects.

This is one of those layouts—it just works for me. It makes me feel like I have this scrapbooking thing under control!

So let’s ask...
Why does it work?
What is it about this particular design that makes it work for me?

1-The color scheme. Chocolate brown, birdegg blue and lime green sing for me.

2-The title is funky but readable and is unique. I love a title that makes the reader want to know more and I feel like this one does that. I also love a stamped title.

3-There's a specific memory on this page. I love scrapbook pages that capture a memory that I don't think anyone else (namely the boy in the picture) will automatically recall later in life. It's not a monumental moment--it's a quiet memory that could easily be shoved into the background of life unless I write it down. It speaks to who this child is. I like that.

4-This page utilizes a unique accent--a Post it note. That small square of paper with the quotation marks on it is a Post-It note. I love being able to incorporate everyday things (especially office supplies) into my scrapbooking.

5-This page is 8.5x11. I love this size.

Until next time,
--Sarah



No comments: