Pages

4.19.2019

Christmas Cards by Panera

So I’m always on the lookout for extraordinary materials that can be incorporated into my cardmaking hobby and not too long ago the artwork on a paper bag from Panera caught my fancy. I snapped it right up!

After cutting the bag open and laying it out flat...


I made a template with an opening the size of a standard card front so I could see what area would be included on each one. (I just used a piece of plain cardstock to make the template window.)

After moving it around to see how I could get the most number of well-composed card fronts out of the one bag, I made pen marks to use as cutting guides on the bag and then cut them out roughly with scissors. Cleaner, more precise cuts were done on the trimmer.

I managed to get six cards out of the one bag. Here are a few:






There are a few strips leftover for another project. I have long been a fan of red on kraft but now I am totally drawn to green and white on kraft as well.

Thanks Panera Bread for these awesome and useful paper bags!

I'm including this in the December 3 Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge (#21) featuring the Christmas/Winter/Holiday theme.

Happy Upcycled Cardmaking!
--Sarah

PS This post was originally shared on my stamping blog. I'm consolidating everything to one blog now and removing the links that are no longer relevant. If you see something you just can't live without, send me a message and I'll try to help you source it out. :)


No comments: