Pages

4.19.2019

No Room for the Story

Stories are super important to me and in my world, stories are basically *the point* of scrapbooking. The story matters! Without the story...well it's just not right (to me). However, as people who love page design, sometimes great blocks of written journaling present a design dilemma--

what's a more appropriate use of real estate--the journaling or the pretty things?

#scrapbookerprobsright

So once in a while, I give in to the designer side of my crafty soul and stick the journaling  in a less obvious place--today it's *inside a flap*. 




Yes, that title is stamped on vellum. 


This reminds me...this is another installment in my "If you can make a card, you can make a scrapbook page!" series. Look again. That flap hiding the journaling is basically a card. 

I used a good bit of vellum on this page. Vellum is so dependable. It is always a good way to give your pages points of contrast. It is so easy to use! There are several things I particularly love about vellum. 1) It's easy to run through the printer. 2) It tears beautifully. 3) It tones down busy or bold patterns. 4) It's an easy way to direct the viewer to look at a specific part of a page. 5) You can stamp on it! 

The stamped title on this holiday layout was created using alphabet stamps and my favorite ink--Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. Not all inks work well on vellum, but Momento certainly does and it's readily available at most craft stores. 

(This post originally appeared on my stamping blog last year and links that are no longer relevant have been removed.)

#stampinginthescrapbook

Merry Christmas!
--Sarah


No comments: