Pages

5.01.2019

Layout Share: Cake and Pocket Scrapbooking Cards

Please note: I'm in the process of migrating the content of my stamping blog to this page. This post was originally shared over there. All the no-longer-relevant links have been removed. We are all just here for the pictures anyway, right?! :)


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,
A beautiful day in the neighborhood,
Won't you be mine, won't you be my neighbor?

They have many names--Project Life Cards, Project My Life Cards, cards, pocket scrapbooking cards, 3x4 journaling cards...whatever you call them, I think most paper crafters are familiar with the concept of using small, printed cards as accents and enhancements on handmade cards and scrapbook pages. There are so many ways to incorporate these small cards into your crafting--I thought I would take a few minutes and demonstrate a few of those ways for you today.

These pocket scrapbooking cards usually come in collection packs and include multipe thematic designs. Some are lined--ostensibly for journaling, some are decorative. You can choose to slide the cards into pocket pages along with your photos for easy pocket-style scrapbooking or you can also use them in a more traditional way by incorporating them as elements on a card or scrapbook page.

Remember, pocket scrapbooking cards are all about the POSSIBILITIES! You can do so many things with them!  I like to use them as accents on regular 12x12 pages. That's what I did today.


Instead of having to cut into a full sheet of polka dot patterned paper for this layout, the polka dot pieces of paper is actually two pieces of a single 4x6 pocket card. The small strips of pink on each side of the photo are a single card that I ripped into three pieces, which you can see here:



If you hang around people who use pocket-style scrapbooking products, you know that a huge topic of conversation among them is the state of the corners. The looming question is always "do you prefer rounded corners or square one?"

I can go either way. For this particular use, I chose to round the corners of the pink pieces.

One final look at the details:


I also used a horizontal card as the base of my title. I don't do vertical designs very often but I do love them.

Remember, pocket scrapbooking cards equal POSSIBILITIES!

This incident is one of my first memories. I was at my maternal grandmother's house and this cake just proved to be too much temptation. I remember that green table so clearly--it was so smooth and cool to the touch in the hot summertime.

This is one of the pictures that I got from my mom. I was so disappointed that it was kindof tarnished by years of handling so I took a picture of it using an iphone, edited it a bit to clean it up and had it reprinted. I dont have the patience to spend too much time editing and such, so I kept it super easy and I am very happy with the result.

If you have pictures that are deteriorating, try taking a new picture of them and reprinting.

Until next time,
--Sarah

No comments: